Wednesday 29 May 2013

Surrey 100

Well, we covered 105 miles this weekend through the beautiful Surrey countryside, I've logged the Sunday ride on Strava here

The ride on the Sunday was particularly nice going over Leith Hill, the second highest point in SE England ... apparently. We were on our CX bikes, the ones we are going to use for LEJOG, with hybrid 35mm tyres and took a few bridleways that I would certainly not recommend on a standard 23mm road tyre, but nice to get off road.

I felt okay both days but certainly slowed down for the last 15 miles, and still feel knackered, but pleased that I managed to get on the bike and do some significant climbing and miles without feeling I couldn't get on the bike the next day. Anna's lower gearing looked good, I need to put the same 11 - 34 cassette and long arm derailleur on my bike now... Still thinking I might get Condor to do it though, save my knuckles and stress levels (and living room carpet). 

No comments:

Post a Comment